Mould growths are types of funghi and can be one of the more unpleasant side-effects of flood damage or can be something that arises from a water leak, damp or some structural problem.
It's not only unsightly and damaging to your furnishings, can weaken the structure of your property, but there are many health problems caused by mould. This also means that it should only be treated and removed by specialists as special equipment and protective clothing is often necessary.
Ozone is a naturally occurring gas that kills mould permanently by effectively penetrating walls and other surfaces where spores can hide. We use specialist Ozone Generators and HEPA Air Scrubbers that can
remove Mould and Mildew in as little as 24 hours.
Many think that cleaning mould with vinegar or using bleach to kill it will solve their problems. Neither of these substances can efficiently kill the fungi and may damage surfaces. Ozone is the only way to get into porous surfaces, completely wiping out any trace of funghi.
Its presence can lead to a person developing a mould allergy. This can be exacerbated by cleaning mould from walls or other surfaces without the correct safety equipment, manually removing it from surfaces
causes spores to be launched into the air, making them easier to breath in. This is why Fire Flood London utilise Ozone generators in the removal process.
Breathing in spores can cause headaches, nausea and respiratory tract problems in healthy people. The vulnerable such as the very young, old and those with pre-existing medical conditions should not be exposed.
All fungi grow in damp areas, this is why many bathroom walls and ceilings are affected. However, mould will often be seen in an area of home or business that has no reason to be damp and no obvious source of where the moisture may be coming from. In order to quickly identify the root of the problem we utilise Thermal Imaging Technology to instantly show us any damp areas and where problem originates.